After teaching conventional childbirth for forty years, I was truly impressed with the benefits of the HypnoBirthing® Program. Most childbirth education courses do not address prenatal bonding, fears of birthing, and positive thinking toward better parenting skills. This very special childbirth education program lead me to becoming a Consulting Hypnotist as well as studying in the field of Prenatal Bonding (BA).
As a Consulting Hypnotist, I am able to work with women who have high anxiety about birthing. The media, movies, tv, reading, and even friends, have instilled the thought that birth is the most painful thing a woman can experience. No one would say that birth has no pain, but many women have birthed their babies with very little to no pain. I am one. My first birth 48 years ago was without classes, no tools to help me stay calm. That birth was very painful. When my second child was born I did attend classes, I focused, stayed relaxed, concentrated on breathing, and birthed a large handsome baby boy and can honestly say I did not have pain. I was so focused, that the uncomfortable signals to my brain were stopped by concentrating on breathing and relaxation.
HypnoBirthing is as much a philosophy as it is a technique. Through a well-thought out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, and education, HypnoBirthing® returns a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease. HypnoBirthing® is based on the belief that severe discomfort does not need to be a natural accompaniment of birthing. Some benefits include……..
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after the birthing.
- Reduces, and often eliminates, the need for chemical anesthesia, episiotomy, and other interventions.
- Lessens fatigue during labor, leaving the mother fresh, awake, and energized as she brings her baby into the world.
- Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labor by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilize the natural pulsation of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time. Reduces risk of pelvic floor damage.
- Brings the mother, the baby, and the birthing companion together in a wonderful prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal bonding experience.
- The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Almost entirely eliminates postnatal discomfort and “baby blues”.
- Babies are better adjusted and happier, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines.
- Mothers don’t run the risk of hyperventilating from shallow breathing.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful, peaceful experience that Nature intended.
For more information on Hypnobirthing® click here: www.HypnoBirthing.com/
For Group Classes contact: www.parenttrust.org/classregistration/
Due to my unexpected surgery, please contact Cynthia Varadan @509-619-8679 firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be teaching HypnoBirthing on line till at least the end of the year. A great teacher!
Private classes consisting of 5-2 1/2 hr classes available. $425.00 includes book and CD. Contact Barb Decker at 508-237-6768 to schedule and answer any quesstions. Available days and eves.
Affiliated with the HypnoBirthing®